This week You Could Save was named on the Times Online website as one of the  Top 25 Best Personal Finance Tweeters.

To be one of the Top 25 favourites alongside other well known brand names is a great honour.

This second accreditation is so exciting and makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Times Money said “Here are our 25 favourite twitterers, who we think you should follow too. They offer everything from breaking business finance news to money saving tips and witty observations. In 140 characters or less”

It was only in January 2009 that the Times Online scoured the web to bring readers a round-up of what they thought were the best British personal finance blogs and we are so excited to be included as one of the Top 20 Best British Personal Finance blog.

As it is a few days short of our first year using Twitter being one of the Times Money favourite tweeters was definitely a great Birthday and Easter present.

I found planning what I wanted to achieve before I tweet a message was invaluable and built my contacts after researching websites and blogs. (Quality not Quantity) defiantly works well for me.

I do keep myself fairly low key when using Twitter as I’m still trying to understand how to make it work best for me as the last thing I want to do is annoy anybody!

I now have knowledge and understanding about the people I have connected with and what’s working well. I have even met some great people in person. You might be flattered when someone follows you but many are not interested in you as a person or business.

I keep a fairly low tweet rate; in fact to date I have only done 442 tweets. I always keep within my 140 character messages limit to allow people to Re-tweet the message. I wanted 80% of my tweets to be business related in order to introduce people to my blog and I often tweet about the offerings of my followers not about me. The other 20% of my tweets are non business to allow me to build a more personal relationship with non business followers.

I am more than happy with the progress so far and with the results from using Twitter and look forward to connecting with more interesting people.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any interesting news for the blog or feel free to connect with us on Twitter @YouCouldSave

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Peter has received many accreditation's including many from the Times Online. As founder of You Could Save (2005) and What Stationers (2007) Peter regularly helps consumers and national organisation ‘save money’. He believes that the only successful way to bring people together online is to provide an open marketplace where people can all work together in a friendly, unbiased environment. You can contact Peter Millikin either through his Google+ account or via his websites.

3 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

  1. adam March 31, 2010 at 3:51 pm -

    Congratulations Pete- we are so proud of you and the great work you do for so many small business owners to help them and ultimately save them money. This is badge of recognition and achievement and nothing short of what you deserve for the years of hard work and commitment you have put into You Could Save

  2. Mike March 31, 2010 at 4:35 pm -

    Well done Peter – I’ve always found your website interesting, well researched, balanced and useful, and this accolade confirms that I’m not the only one. Keep up the brilliant work.

  3. Joe April 1, 2010 at 2:55 pm -

    Excellent stuff! Just reward for all the hard work you’ve put into this site over the last few years Peter, keep up the good work!

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.